Sunday, June 22, 2008

Honesty....uh-oh...

So this was the end to the 1st week of the 6 wk challenge. It went fairly well until Saturday night & today. Saturday night I got lazy - bought a frozen pizza(havent had that in FOREVER) & proceeded to eat all but 2 slices - my dogs got the last 2 slices. WOW!! Where did that come from?!

Then Sunday afternoon got tough for me...I had an appetite but not for anything healthy, I wanted carbs!!!!! My body was craving them!! I had chips n' salsa - not too many but I had it 2x(afternoon & eve), 2 apples, 8 oz lite yogurt, darn cannot recall some of the other things I snacked on through out the day.

Well, needless to say it was not a great weekend. But I have an answer - not an excuse b/c I should have tried to have more self control....my cycle. (hope not TMI for some of you - got to be honest so I can work thru this stuff). Right before & first day or so - I am a eating machine---nothing seems to satisfy me. That is how I felt this evening! I was constantly standing at the pantry looking for "something"!! Why do we do that!?! Silly.

So, I am glad Monday is almost here. I will go to work, get a workout in, and hit my schoolwork tomorrow night. This was only 2 days. And I know what to do to get back on track. That is why I try to practice what I preach - take it 1 day at a time.

Here is to being honest - not letting this have any power over me b/c now these words are in cyberspace for ALL the world to see! :) Seriously, no problem to get back on track.

Here is to tomorrow ~ a new day ~ a new outlook. ;)

1 comment:

Helen said...

Come on Debbie, new week starts so let's just leave the WE behind.I'm exactly like you, and DR says it's easier when we have magnesium+ 4 days before and during the cycle, maybe you could try ? Have a great week !