Sunday, June 22, 2008

Love My Sundays....

Sundays - Love my Sundays. I find them to be a relaxing day for me.
Here are my rituals:
I love to be up early enough to watch Sunday Morning on CBS. It is SUCH a GREAT show & has so many interesting segments. Plus, one of my favorites is a segment they have at the start of every Summer. Reporter Bill Flannagan lists his choices for Best CDs for Summer 2008. Last year I got turned onto Leela James (wonderful artist!) and this summer it is LIZZ WRIGHT!!
The Orchard is the name of the CD but I have listened to some of the older stuff & I AM HOOKED!!!
If you LOVE music like I do - You MUST check this Lady out!!

~~Of course, while watching this show I am usually having my weekend morning traditional omelet. A new fav is egg whites, grilled onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, put some avacado & feta cheese on before bout ready to fold it. Then on the side, this may sound weird, but a little light sour cream! YUMMY!!

Next Ritual: Once this show is over with, the radio goes on to Sunday Morning Jazz with David Munoz. A local radio station plays jazz & if you know me you know I LOVE JAZZ - (again Music - starting to see a theme there?!)
I will start to do stuff around the house, clean, wash, etc.... while listening to my jazz!

During the day I do errands and what not but the last ritual of my day is to watch 60 Minutes. Now not always do they have some real gripping stories, but I try to be an informed individual and I enjoy watching some of their segments. (Andy Rooney - could REALLY live without his commentary)

What are your Sunday rituals?????? Whatever they are make them YOURS & ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a great Sunday. Lizz Wright is just amazing. I've been listening to her for a bit now. Love her low husky voice. If you like jazz I'm sure you know of Cassandra Wilson but if you haven't you really should check her out. If you couldn't tell I'm a huge fan of music so if you ever need any suggestion just drop a line. I'm all over the place when it comes to music so I know a wide range of musicians.

As for the egg whites, I'm in love. Even if I wasn't on a diet I would still eat them. Something about the yolk freaks me out.

Good luck and have a great week. I can't wait to see where everyone is come Monday. I'll be updating my blog tonight. (( little nervous ))