Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Challenge!!

This week has been a LONNNNNNG one! I am glad tomorrow is Friday!! Started my new class this week & it will be lots of studying/reading, but I think I have a plan down for it & my other class.

On to my challenge ~ for myself. This November will mark 2 years of my weight loss journey. So to get motivated & stay focused I decided to give myself a goal to reach by the week of Thanksgiving~~ to have lost 15 lbs. This will be a challenge b/c I have hit a standstill for the most part - that wonderful brick wall when it comes to weight loss.

Then, I was talking with a lady from work today & she has really been working to increase her daily steps - we got pedometers from our Wellness program at work, I am our department's "champion" as we are called. Any who...she got back today from vacation & said she couldn't wait to show me...she pulled up her daily steps for this past week & increased by almost 3x the # of steps from where she was a week ago!! She has been working SO hard!! So, we started talking more & I told her my challenge, then she shared something with me she "thought" maybe about doing.....a 1/2 marathon (you can walk it too she said-doesn't have to be ran). She pulled up the website and we checked it out.....I told her lets do it!!!! Are you serious? Yes, I told her......I will do it if you will & she gave me a HUGE smile & said ok, lets do it!

This will be PERFECT timing b/c the marathon is in November also!! November 16th! Right on track for my weight loss goal! This has me PUMPED!! I have never been a runner & am not sure I will run, I may try it out for part of the marathon, but I want to do it for me & to help motivate the lady at work. She is overweight & has some health issues that I am sure have a lot to do w/her weight. She understands this too but has not been able to get motivated. I know how hard it can be. But I saw something different in her eyes today.......a fire!! And I know what that can become when ignited!! Once she gets going....no stoppin' her! It will be great to have a "buddy" to exercise with. That makes it more fun!
SA Rock n Roll Marathon - there will be bands along the route & it just sounds like tons of fun!! Check out the website if you can!

Now, I am off to read for tomorrow's class! Have a GREAT night!!
{ASWS}

No comments: