Saturday, July 26, 2008

White Chocolate in the Sky

There it is!! My "White Chocolate in the Sky"!!
Okay, there is a story to this. I am getting ready to start to train for that 1/2 marathon in November. So I figured - time for a new pair of shoes!! Plus, it will get me motivated & I really did need them.
I go to an athletic store & start looking at shoes. I am stuck between 2 pairs - this & another. So I ask the salesperson some questions & I can really tell the difference in how this shoe feels over the other. More support in mid-sole.
I ask his opinion & he said you should get the "white chocolate in the sky"? I am like "HUH???" He said that's the name of the shoe!! Of course, it is the Gel 1130 but its also called that. I said there it is! It feels better & it has a fun name! Perfect name for me! So that is the shoe!! LOL!!
It is a great feeling shoe! Glad with my purchase & I think the name is fun & will keep me motivated!

My MP3 player is going to get an overhaul this weekend - new jams! I was talking w/good girlfriend, Chriselda, & she is the Queen of Playlists for music & I mentioned to her she came to mind when I was thinking about new music to work out to. So I will create some playlists to keep all my fav jams to get sweatin' to!

Here it goes!! My training officially starts this week! I am nervous, a little scared, I have never done anything like this but I am excited too! I have a couple girlfriends who are doing it too so that will be great to have that support. We do not live all that close but on weekends we may be able to workout together from time to time.

YIKES!! Here I go! (as I bite my nails!!) such a me trait!
Hope you all have a GREAT weekend! HUGS!

4 comments:

Chriselda said...

GIRL ... you run them chocolates down to a pulp!!! You're gonna do it!! I already know ... don't have to second guess. Love you.

Chriselda said...

Girl! You run them chocolates into mints! I know you'll do it ... I don't have to second guess. Love you!!! Keep us posted with the dirty details ... even if you pass out. Yea ... keep it real! (I almost passed out at the boxing gym in front of Jesus Chavez. Yep. Red face.)

Vera said...

Awesome! I know you can do it! :-)

Anonymous said...

White chocolate in the sky huh? I love the name and you're right, it does suit you. I can't believe that you are going to run a half marathon. I think that is just amazing....heck, life changing. If you can do that you can do anything. Good luck mama and happy training